Well…after tons of prayer and coming to the point where I really don’t care what people think, I made the choice to attend another seminary. I guess I found myself engulfing my graduate work in the Southern Baptist tradition and applied to Golden Gate Baptist Seminary. Though, I really never wanted to go there. Now that I think about it, I never wanted to attend a Southern Baptist seminary.
It’s not that I’m a SBC hater (I work at SBC church), it’s more about understanding what works best for my life at the moment. Honestly the discount that I would get from being a SB (Southern Baptist) and working for a SB church really doesn’t cut the cake. With what I make, I would be waiting years before I could afford to go, and I’m not about to run out and get another loan.
- It’s cheap…$75 per class…heck yeah!
- It’s all online…work at my schedule!
- It’s no-denominational…works for me and they’re kingdom focused!
- The master’s program is identical to it’s counterpart at GGSBS.
- It’s relevant!
- I really don’t care about the academics…I just want the accolades from having a master’s degree. Seriously folks, places/people don’t care if you have a masters in shoveling horse crap. All they see is that you have a masters.
At this point of my life…I just want to be done