I’ve been thinking a lot about leadership, volunteers, leading people, etc., and I began to think about “what ifs” in the context of ministry budgets. Now I have heard of this idea but never seen it in action. What if a large portion (let’s say at least 75%) of your ministry budget was to recruit, equip and train volunteers in your ministry? Here are some initial thoughts I’ve had:
- would spending more money on volunteers produce a better (healthy) student ministry?
- would programming take a nose-dive in quality, consistency, excitement on only 25% of your annual budget?
- has this ever been done?
- what do volunteers look like after being involved in a leadership structure like this?
- How do students react to this? Do they even know?
- Would parent’s become more proactive in helping?
what are you thoughts?