Yesterday I took 24 junior highers to Magic Mountain, good times. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights:
- Got to spend time with students I normally don’t connect with…can’t beat that!
- The rides were extreme.
- There were no injuries or accidents (one student puked on the way there…bad McD’s)
- Good leader support
- No logistical issues
- Heat (although it wasn’t that bad it still was hot)
- Some students didn’t like the rides
- Prices for food inside the park (I had to take out a student loan just to pay for lunch)
- Magic Mountain employee’s attitudes (they suck, and if they speak English your lucky)
- Students with extreme ADD and mis-management of money (one student spent his entire lunch/dinner money at the arcade…go figure)
Overall, the trip was great. Students had a great time, no one got hurt and we got back to the church right on time. Can’t ask for anything more, I love my job :.)